Friday, December 31, 2010

DJ Rico Robles versus David Archuleta's Fans


Monster Radio RX 93.1 DJ and Party Pilipinas jock Rico Robles got an instant yearend bang from the David Archuleta fan base in the Philippines.

DJ Rico Robles tweeted his opinion on Archuleta's 'Elevator' being played over and over as requested by his huge fan base in the country. 

On his tweets, Robles said: 'I can only hear "Elevator goes [up], elevator goes down" over and over in my head, when I eat, take a crap, sleep, wake up. Please lang.'

Robles also tweeted saying DA's fans bombarding him with 50,000 text messages voting for it.

Another tweet that trigger the local fan base of the American Idol alumnus say: 

'Is it even on the Billboard Top Ten? As a DJ, my social responsibility is to cater to all my listeners, not just fan clubs.'

And of course, the root of this mess was with Robles' statement: "playing a David Archuleta is a waste of time."

Rico Robles got several comments on his twitter account that are mostly negative ones coming from the young singer's supporters. 

The DJ managed to reply to all his followers saying he'll 'practice balance playing of music from your request to the charts. I will always cater to you.'


Here's the remaining lines on his Twitter account:

'I always been and try to be your voice so people can hear your emotions. I have never hid anything from anyone. My transparency as a DJ/artist has been the same since 1998. If you love, thank you. If you hate me, at least I always kept it true.'

No comments:

Post a Comment